Thursday, September 11, 2008




Spent yesterday afternoon baking for my friend's baby shower. Mini meringues, in blue and white, blue and white iced cookies and cupcakes, gingerbread and delicious lemon melting moments. I love spending an afternoon baking. No distractions, music playing in the background and it's just me and the pleasure of producing something that will hopefully please my friends.I wanted to include my friend Tania enjoying my efforts! And then there is Izzy, always a willing tester. Looks like she is about to dive into the meringues! It is always fun to see people enjoying something you have created.
Try this recipe I'm sure you will love these delicious cookies which melt in your mouth. I find them easy to make, delicious to eat and people always ask for the recipe. So go on give it a try, and let me know your results.

LEMON MELTING MOMENTS

175g unsalted butter
40g confectioners sugar
zest of 2 lemons
150g plain flour (all purpose)
40g cornflour (cornstarch)
2 rounded tablespoons marscapone cheese
2 rounded tablespoons lemon curd
Heat oven to 180c(350f) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Cream the butter and sugar until creamy and pale.
Add zest from 1 1/2 lemons Add flour and cornflour and mix well.
Divide into 24 small balls and space well apart on baking sheet.
Flatten top with a fork dipped in water.Bake for 12-14 mins.
Cool on baking sheet.
Mix marscapone, lemon curd and the rest of the zest. Use to sandwich 2 cookies.
Fill just before eating as they tend to go soggy. Apologies to US readers of this blog as the recipe was from a British magazine all the measurements are metric. I have translated the ingredients but I am sure you will be able to convert amounts.
Happy baking!

3 comments:

carrie1977 said...

Those lemon melts sound delicious will def have to give them a try. Although i am wondering why I have never tasted them before!

thecelticcookinshanghai said...

Look forward to hearing about your results when you try them yourself.You can always substitute whipped double cream ( heavy cream) for marscapone.

Mo said...

I agree, they sound so yummy I'm going to make them at school on Friday with my little Get Cooking Group.