Friday, November 14, 2008

MUSHROOMS GALORE


This time of the year I am amazed at all the delicious looking mushrooms which adorn the supermarket shelves. I love mushrooms, in risotto, on toast, stuffed, mushroom soup or any other way they come. This week I decided to cook them in a pasta. Nothing fancy just a selection, crimini, shitake, oyster and baby bellas, about 12oz in all, sauteed, with a clove of garlic, a pinch of thyme and some salt and pepper until they are meltingly soft. I then stirred in some grated Parmesan cheese, about a cupful, adjusted my seasonings, better too little than too much in the beginning, it is easy to add at the end but not so easy to remove. I stirred it all into some cooked wholewheat pasta, sprinkled some more Parmesan on top, and served alongside garlic bread. A simple, yet very satisfying Fall Supper.

3 comments:

Casey said...

This looks delicious. My husband loves mushrooms...I'll have to give it a try!

Fifi said...

Looks yummy! Definitely trying it out tomorrow~!! Thanks!

Bro. Jason Parker said...

I like mushrooms.