Sunday, June 13, 2010

A BACON SANDWICH for BREAKFAST



I wonder how many of you reading this have not been seduced by the smell of bacon sizzling in the pan. There is something about the aroma that makes it irresistible. As it sizzles away I prepare the bread, buttering carefully in preparation for what's to come. I bring the HP sauce out, well it has to be brown sauce for me, but I know the jury is out on this, and some people actually prefer ketchup! Although I do not understand this peculiarity.





The kettle is boiling, teapot at the ready. Before long it's all systems go. Tea is brewed, bacon placed on to the waiting bread, the sauce dribbled over and finally the top piece of bread is in place. Even writing this is making me want to rush to the fridge for the bread and bacon.....
At last I am savouring a delicious bacon buttie, mmm! what better start to a lazy Sunday morning.

One good thing about coming back to live in UK after 6 years in USA, was the choice of bacon. In USA you get streaky and nothing else. It does taste good, but I like choice. I especially enjoy "air cured" bacon. There is no white leakage from the bacon as it fries. My preference is also for back bacon. So nothing complicated in this blog just a delicious bacon sandwich. Well within even the most novice of cooks, but one which will have people asking for more.


1 comment:

Brownieville Girl said...

Oh I'd love one right this minute!!