Monday, January 19, 2009

A BIT of FUN



First up I want to say that this is in no way a slight against Nigella. I have, as you can see from my pics, most of her cook books on my shelf. And I do enjoy to cook from them. But when this arrived in my mailbox last week there were a few points which made me chuckle, which is an good thing to do on these long cold days. So thanks Kath for bringing some laughter into my life. So I pass this on in the hope that I can bring a smile into your day.

1.NIGELLA'S WAY: Stuff miniature marshmallows into the bottom of a cone to prevent ice cream drips.
THE REAL WOMAN'S WAY: Just suck the ice cream out of the cone, you're probably lying on the couch eating it anyway.

2.NIGELLA'S WAY: When a cake calls for flouring the tin use dry cake mix and there will not be any white on the outside of the finished cake.
THE REAL WOMAN'S WAY: Buy a cake from the supermarket.

3.NIGELLA'S WAY: If you accidentally over salt a dish, drop in a slice of potato while it is still cooking.
REAL WOMAN'S WAY: Please recite with me the Real Woman's motto"I made it you will eat it and I don't care how bad it tastes"

4.NIGELLA'S WAY: Wrap celery in foil. It will keep for weeks in the refrigerator.
THE REAL WOMAN'S WAY: IT keeps forever. Who eats it?

5. NIGELLA'S WAY: Cure for headaches. Cut a lime in half and rub it on your forehead.
THE REAL WOMAN'S WAY: Take half a lime and drop it into 8oz vodka. You'll still have the headache but you won't care.

6.NIGELLA'S WAY: If you have problems opening jars, try using latex gloves. The non slip grip makes opening jars easy.
THE REAL WOMAN'S WAY: And what use is a man then?

7.NIGELLA'S WAY: Freeze leftover wine in ice cube trays for future use in casseroles.
THE REAL WOMAN'S WAY: Leftover wine???? Helllooooo!

I'm sure at leat one of these will be able to bring a smile to your face. I'm sure Nigella would also smile if she read this list.

5 comments:

stevie said...

Jacqui, did you get a previous comment from me? I think I may have sent the original comment to blog limbo.

Stevie

thecelticcookinshanghai said...

Stevie this is the first comment from you.

stevie said...

Thank you Jaqui, I guess I need a tutorial on blogging. I love your blog title. The site is amazing. Photos of sweet Izzy with her giant cup-cake will be seen by the world. Awesome, i got a bit weepy!

I love "The Beach House". What a great read. Hello to Robin(sp) it is always such a pleasure to visit with both of you.

One more thing, if you or Robin would like to try the kindle out before you make a purchase I would be pleased to let you give mine a trial so you can make a decision.

stevie said...

Next time I will spell your name correctly....I hope.

Coby said...

LOL Jacqui, I am sure this has come around to me some time ago as 'Martha Stewart' not Nigella:) Honestly, I recon Nigella would be eating the ice cream on the couch and drinking the vodka with us:):)