Monday, January 10, 2011

LUNCH TIME FAVOURITE


Monday mornings, oh how I dread them. Seems to take me forever to get myself going. I can spend Sunday night thinking of all the things I'm going to do. The jobs I'll start, the cleaning, the ironing and maybe even tackle that drawer I've been promising myself I'll clear out. Who knows whats lurking in the back! and then morning arrives and I struggle to get going.

This morning after my 2nd cup of coffee didn't appear to be hitting home, I decided to take myself out for a walk. The sun was out, it wasn't too cold and this might be what was needed.

During my outing I picked up some bagels and started to think of the delicious salmon and cream cheese I would eat for lunch. Not what my plan had been at the outset, but was sounding good.

My love with smoked salmon bagels began when I lived in Amsterdam. There was a local cafe/deli called the Lunch Room, there I was tempted by the bagel which was served with a small bowl of capers and a small bowl of finely chopped onion on the side. I still serve it with capers but don't do the onions.

The smoked salmon lurking in my fridge was from a smokehouse on west coast of Scotland. The Marrbery Smokehouse We had visited it at Christmas and I had stocked up on some delicious products. This really is one of the best smoked salmons I have tasted.


So with the thought of what was ahead for me I picked up my pace and was soon home putting together my lunch. I felt better for the walk, and better having eaten my bagel. A nice glass of white wine would have set it off but at
1-00pm thought that was pushing my luck!

Rest of day went well. Proving that a little bit of what you fancy does you good!

No comments: